Gaelyk Sitemesh integration tutorial
Here my recipe
- Create a Gaelyk progect with maven archetype as shown here
- Get Sitemesh sources and patch them for GAE as shown here
- Deploy the artifact to your Maven repo and add the dependecy to the application pom
- Add the Sitemesh filter to web.xml. If you are using RoutesFilter add Sitemesh filter BEFORE RoutesFilter
- Create a decorators.xml and place it in the WEB-INF forlder [example]
- Create a main.jsp (or others according to your decorators.xml) in a decorators folder. THIS MUST BE A jsp NOT a gtpl [example]
And you are done!
Just skip steps 1 and 3 and place the patched Sitemesh jar in the lib folder of your application.
I have done this on my first hour on Gaelyk… this means something to me of about this framework’s coolness